- 4 avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 2 T diced onion
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 chopped jalapeño OR 2 T of crushed red pepper OR 1 T of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 tsp of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
- Pit the avocados.
- Score avocado without cutting through the skin.
- Scoop out one avocado with a large spoon and place in mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice and stir to evenly coat the avocados.
- Stir in the tomato, onion, garlic, oil, jalapeño, salt, red pepper, and black pepper, mashing and tossing the avocado pieces until thoroughly mixed.
- Then scoop out the other avocados and gently mix and toss in the larger pieces.
- The guacamole is the right consistency when more large pieces than mashed parts remain.
- Garnish with cilantro.
This article uses material from the Wikibooks article “Cookbook:Guacamole“, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.